Sunday, August 14, 2022

Review for Cherish Farrah by Bethany C Morrow

 May be an image of 1 person, book and text that says 'Everyone should have something CHERISH o cherish. FARRAH a novel BETHANY c MORROW' 
Rating: 3 Stars!! 
Review: 
***I was not obligated to write a review BUT everything mentioned in this review are all my own thoughts that i developed while reading this book.*** 
First off, Thank you to Goodreads and Dutton for picking me to win this FREE ARC COPY in a giveaway on their website back in May. 

This was my first time reading a book by Bethany C Morrow so i wasnt sure what to expect since it's listed as a "Horror" Novel and since Horror isnt my favorite Genre i thought i'd give it a shot but sadly i was VERY Disappointed since to me there was NO Horror at all in this book just seemed more like a Thriller. When i think of Horror i think of Frankenstein-esk Books but this didnt gave any of that in fact it reminded me more of The 90s Scream Movies especially when the girls were in the car with their friends. 

The Characters were interesting to read about but sadly none of them became my favorites for several reasons, 1) It bugged me that Cherish's Mom kept saying along the lines of "White's have it easy they dont have to work for what they want in life" Um, NO there are some who do actually work for years to have what they want in life so to me that was a missinterpretation of life for us White's. 2) Trigger Warnings should of come with this book from the first page about Girls putting nails in their feet to hurt themselves like WTH?! Who does that?! 

The Setting was OK but could of been better cause it was never mentioned WHERE this book was set in other then the month of August but nothing about the year, town or state just alot of descriptivness about the girls when it wasnt needed instead of just telling about The Girls' Life from Birth to the point of living with The Whitmans. 

Overall an OK Novel but ive read better tho ive never read a book that got on my nerves this much!! 

I will read more by Bethany in the future BUT i hope all her books arent like this one!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review for Listen To Your Heart by Fern Michaels

    Rating: 5 Stars!!  Review:  Even tho this was The 4th Novel ive read by Fern but i have to say this one is My 2nd Favorite by her with &...