Friday, November 18, 2022

Review for The Messy Lives of Book People by Phaedra Patrick

 May be an image of book and text 
Rating: 4.5 Stars!! 
Review: 
Thank you to my Book Club Friend Logan for gifting me this book back in July for my birthday. 

This was my first time reading a book by Phaedra Patrick so i wasnt sure what to expect but i have to say i did end up enjoying this one depsite the slow go for the first 8 chapters. 

The Characters were so enjoyable and interesting to read about. Liv was definately my favorite character especially when she had to swoop in and finish Essie's book. 

The Setting was beautifully described tho i wish the town, state and country it was set in was talked about more cause at times it was hard to keep track where the book was set in. 

I did love how Chronic and Acute Pancreatitis was talked about in Chapter 9 as that illness hits home for me since My Dad had it 2 times during his life, in 2014 and 2021 before his passing in November 2021. I do wish it was mentioned how gallstones cause Pancreatitis not just alcohol consumption as i know from what my dad went through. 

Overall a Good Contemporary Novel about a housekeeper who becomes a personal assistant to a writer who dies of Chronic Pancreatitis and the housekeeper ends up writing the last 8 chapters of her final novel. 

I will read more by Phaedra Patrick, i just hope the first 8 chapters of her other books arent as slow as this one was!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review for Roses in December (Hamilton Place #2) by Mark A Gibson

    Rating: 5 Stars!!  Review:  Thank you to Mark for sending me this FREE Physical Copy to promote and review for him as part of The Book T...