Friday, September 13, 2024

Review for The Book of Essie by Meghan MacLean Weir

 Rating: 5 Stars!! 

Review: 

This was my first time reading a Literary YA Fiction by Meghan so I wasnt sure what to expect but I never expected ot to start out THAT HEAVY 👀🤯😳 but I have to say despite that I did really enjoy this book. 

The Characters were interesting to read about. 

Esther "Essie" was definitely my favorite since I felt bad for what she went through and also because she wasn't given a chance to process her pregnancy in private instead of having Family tell her what to do. 

Plain and simple it should of been her and the fathers decision ALONE.

The Setting was beautifully described which made me feel like I was actually in the book while reading especially when the scenery and situations were described. 

Overall a good Literary YA Fiction very heartbreaking at times but still so good. 

Can't wait to read more by Meghan in the future!! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Review for September by Rosamunde Pilcher

 Rating: 3 Stars!!  Review:  This is my first time reading a literary fiction novel by Rosamund Pilcher so I wasn't sure what to expect ...