Wednesday, September 18, 2024

Review for September by Rosamunde Pilcher

 Rating: 3 Stars!! 

Review: 

This is my first time reading a literary fiction novel by Rosamund Pilcher so I wasn't sure what to expect but I have to say I expected you a lot better than what it ended up being.

In the beginning I really liked it it was set and winter it talked about this woman Violet who is going to this little corner deli to get lunch for her and a friend and so I really like that concept but then when it went into August I feel like the author lost momentum with writing this book there were too many characters brought in at once and I feel like this book could have been broken down into three different novels not necessarily in a series but just three separate books about these characters because I feel like the characters were just so overwhelming at times.

The Characters were fun and enjoyable to read about but I felt like Rosamund didn't work on developing Violet's character who had a connection with one of the other characters I can't remember her name now but I feel like when their story was like starting to develop then another character came in and that became confusing so I just feel like if this book had just been about Violet and her friend I feel like it would be more enjoyable about their life in London and going to Scotland and all of that.

The Setting  essentially was my favorite part I loved reading about Scotland the scenery the culture all of that that resembles Scotland.

Overall it was an okay literary fiction novel I just feel like if the author had worked on developing one set of characters for one book and then worked on the next characters for book 2 and then the next set for book 3 I feel like this book would have been more enjoyable instead of throwing so many characters in at once with a month apart between them it got it just got really confusing who the story was essentially surrounding.

I will read more by Rosamund Pilcher but I just hope her other books aren't like this one was I hope that that's not overwhelming with so many characters.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review for September by Rosamunde Pilcher

 Rating: 3 Stars!!  Review:  This is my first time reading a literary fiction novel by Rosamund Pilcher so I wasn't sure what to expect ...